• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Next iPad to Add Five New Features including USB Port?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
I've been hoping for a retina screen on the iPad since the iPhone 4 was released. I've convinced my dad and my uncle to wait for v2 before buying an iPad.

Reaction score
well.....i was thinking they should make something like the ipad pro....if anyone has a 13" macbook pro here feel its screen and imagine it was an ipad...!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I wouldn't count on a USB port being added. I'd bet a second dock connector would be added to the side before a USB port.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
I wouldn't count on a USB port being added. I'd bet a second dock connector would be added to the side before a USB port.

Yeah, USB would sure be nice though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Perhaps it should read "Four Features the iPhone4 Already Has and A USB Port (When Hades Ices Up)"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
Am I the only person on the planet that really doesn't care about a camera being included in the iPad?? USB is fine, but obviously not really a deal breaker IMO.

The 3way gyroscope and improved display are the only things that impress me from that article.

Reaction score
While I don't think apple will use a USB port on the iPad 2, here is why I think it could also be a valid rumor. 4.2.1 made a significant leap when it comes to midi devices and audio. Image being able to use USB devices and using the awesome applications companies have developed for creating music. I think this is where Apple would like to go and I feel we will see a GarageBand application when Steve steps on stage to debut the iPad 2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
ezcompane, I know lots of people who held out on buying the iPad for the very reason that it didn't have a camera. Plenty of folks are looking to the iPad as a notebook replacement and so need a camera before they can do that. I'm betting the second generation iPad is going to sell in droves due to it having a camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
In addition to Kash's comment, a camera on the iPad will really let them push Facetime more, too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
A USB3 port on it would be great to incorporate my music gear setup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.