memory question

S

Stackmm

Im about to purchase a powerbook 12inch which comes with 512 and I want to upgrade to the max from a different somewhere other than apple.

I used the crucial.com system to find a memory that fits my apple and it recommends a 1gig.

Now knowing that the max I can fit in my powerbook is 1280, my question is will this fit? Basically how many slots will my powerbook have and is the original 512 split into 2 256 parts?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Well, I've heard Apple tends to say their machines can take less ram than they really can, just to "play it safe." (ie. My powerbook can only go to 2 GBs Ram, but some users report using 2.5 with no problems).

The 12" Powerbook has 256 MB ram soldered to the motherboard, and one ram slot. Therefore, if u ordered it with 512 MB ram, It would come with the 256 on the motherboard, and a 256 chip in the slot. If you bought a 1 GB stick from crucial, and installed that, you would have a total of 1.25 GB ram.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.