Which MagSafe to get for MacBook 13'' White (MacBook4,1)

Reaction score
I wanted to replace my fraying T-style 60W magsafe for my 13'' MacBook and I have been advised to use the 85W version to be easy on the adapter. I have also read on Apple's website that I can use a 85W magsafe instead of 60W magsafe (its original). I have also read that the charging unibody in the newest macbooks is shallower than the previous models of white/black macbooks. Does anyone know whether newest L-style 85W magsafes are compatible with early 2008MBs?

Also, should I get the T-style or L-style magsafe, I have read mixed reviews on that one as well. Some say that the new L-style is much better but some others are saying T-style may fray but at least it charges the battery. (those complaints were mainly on 60W L-style Magsafe)

Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
According to the details for the 85W version, it is for MBP 15" and 17". The 60W is for Macbooks and 13" MBPs.

I don't know what you mean by "T" style and "L" style.

Just get the 60W.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.