first time using a CMS software

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I'm writing today because I'm building a website with a CMS software for the first time - so I guess I'm a total noob - and I don't understand what kind of webspace I need to install the software into. A domain? A dedicated server or something? Or can I just use a cheap, free space like those offered by communities like the Italian Libero or Virgilio? :Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
You would definitely want a domain for CMS, as it's designed for large amounts of people to contribute, like a forum for example like Mac-Forums, if it becomes a successful website then you might want to look at dedicated servers.

- Simon

Reaction score
You'll need a host that supports Apache and SQL databases. Most do except Windows hosting. You will need to:

1. Upload the files to your server's root directory example:/public_html/

2. Go to your hosting control panel and create a sql database with username and password. You'll have to enter this information in the application set up later.

Some hosts like Bluehost have scripts that install Wordpress, Joomla and others automatically for you and it takes just seconds.

If you need any help PM me directly. I have done dozens of installations.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.