Q. Applications Terminating on iOs 4.2.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IPad 3G, Imac, MacBook, MacBook Pro 15" and 2nd gen Apple TV
On my IPad 3G, 64GB while on 3.2.x my photo application would terminate (back to home screen) if I scrolled too fast. This was repeatable!

Since the upgrade to 4.2.1, mail and sometimes Safari occasionally terminate for no apparent reason. Are these applications running out of memory by not releasing it correctly or is there some other inherient problem? I have not been able to duplicate Photos terminating while fast scrolling.

I do not have any concurrent applications to my knowledge. I do have about 10 folders set up with multiple application in each. Do folders consume a lot of memory?

Is anyone else having a similar issue or should I be looking for a hardwae problem?

Regards
Frank

Reaction score
On my IPad 3G, 64GB while on 3.2.x my photo application would terminate (back to home screen) if I scrolled too fast. This was repeatable!

Since the upgrade to 4.2.1, mail and sometimes Safari occasionally terminate for no apparent reason. Are these applications running out of memory by not releasing it correctly or is there some other inherient problem? I have not been able to duplicate Photos terminating while fast scrolling.

I do not have any concurrent applications to my knowledge. I do have about 10 folders set up with multiple application in each. Do folders consume a lot of memory?

Is anyone else having a similar issue or should I be looking for a hardwae problem?

Regards
Frank
just revert it back to older version.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IPad 3G, Imac, MacBook, MacBook Pro 15" and 2nd gen Apple TV
"just revert it back to older version. "

Not Very Helpful.

Is anyone experiencig a similar problem?Regards

Reaction score
iPad Apps Terminating

I am having the same problem with OS 4.2.1. The problem has degraded over time. I have had 4.2.1 for several months, but in the last week or so the problem has degraded to the point that Safari terminates as soon as I enter. Have the same problem with Olive Tree Bible. YouTube terminates frequently as does the ABC Player.

I agree that the post about reverting to prior OS is unhelpful. I also perceive that my iPad is much less helpful than it was for the first six months. Hopefully, someone has a more beneficial solution.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
When is the last time you powered it off - as in full shut down - not just put it to sleep. Press and hold the power button and then slide to power off. I'd try that first and see how it goes after.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.