Text Size & Resolution on Imac

Reaction score
Hello to all, I had bought a new imac from my local apple store. It's 20" imac model.
The problem I am having is that if I run the screen resolution at 1920 X 1080 it looks good but the test in allot of things is really small.
I tried to lower the resolution to make the text bigger but as it does get bigger it also gets blurry.
Any ideas on what to do to make the text larger and easier to read? I tried almost everything.
I may just put this up on the for sale section here and get rid of it.
Thanks for any help.

C

chas_m

Have your eyes checked. :)

Yes, this is a problem -- the "native" resolution of LCD monitors is "fixed," meaning there is only one rez at which everything is sharp and clear -- the others are blurry.

The only "solution" to this that I've found is to buy a Mac mini (or Mac Pro) and then buy a monitor who's "native" resolution is one you find comfortable. Alternatively, you could buy one of the few remaining CRT monitors, they don't have this issue at all.

One day, someone will invent an LCD that can is "resolution independent," but that day hasn't come yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Click on a blank space on your desktop, then in the top menu bar click View > View Options, in there is an option to make text large for icons etc
Hope this helps.

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.