iMac 27" with Win 7 & S. Leo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5 2.66GHz - RAM 4GB - OS X Snow Leopard
Hi guys

I've done some research and all say the apple keyboard doesn't work with windows ! is this true ? are all the users of bootcamp using different keyboards & mice & not apples !

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not true. Apple keyboards work just fine with Windows XP, Vista, and Win 7. What kind of problems are you having?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
I am using my Apple wireless keyboard, Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad just fine with Windows. I do find myself trying to use the Trackpad gestures in Windows, and using lots of colorful words because it doesn't do what I can do with it in OS X :).

OP
Ciwan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well the wireless Keyboard connects to the bluetooth, but doesn't work ! i.e. all the keys don't do anything.

As for the Magic Mouse .. it doesn't connect at all .. even though it is switched on !

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You have installed all the Boot Camp drivers for Windows?

Regards

OP
Ciwan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have install BootCamp 3.2 !! aren't the drivers within that ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
OP
Ciwan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ooops sorry Schweb, I thought apple hardware would be kore suited to this !

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What Razors Edge was asking is after you used Bootcamp and installed Windows, Did you boot into Windows and insert the Snow Leopard DVD? You need to do this right in Windows. An installer will come up and guide you through all of the driver install.

OP
Ciwan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi

Yep I have done that, then once that was done I updated to 3.1 then from that to 3.2.

I did the updating through the Apple Software Update Program in Windows 7.

Still the Apple Wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse do not work. :[

OP
Ciwan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Still the Apple Wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse do not work.

In Windows 7, open Control Panel, System, Hardware. Scroll on down to the Blue Tooth entry. What do you show there? If there's an exclamation mark (!) there, that means that the BT drivers are not installed.

OP
Ciwan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Chscag

Bluetooth drivers are installed fine !

2d168ms.jpg

Maybe it is just me that don't know how to connect them !! Can you tell me how you would connect a Bluetooth Keyboard on Windows 7 ?

Thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If I had Windows 7 here I would install it on my Intel Mac and find out and let you know what to do. I have not bought my copy of 7 as of yet. Too many bills and not enough $$$! :D

There is something that has to be pressed or set to pair the Bluetooth mouse/keyboard with Windows. I bet Vista would be the same but don't have Bluetooth on my Vista notebook. Have you tried pairing? There has to be a menu somewhere in Windows 7 for bluetooth like in OSX that lets you pair it to the device you want to use.

Let me google and bit and get back to you.

Since the drivers seem to be there, give this Microsoft help page a shot. Do everything they say and see what happens.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Set-up-a-Bluetooth-enabled-device

EDIT: Just found out it's different in Windows 7 to a degree. Here is a tutorial. Try this and report back.

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Adding-Bluetooth-Devices-Windows-7.html

I think there are special drivers for Windows for the Magic Mouse you have to install. Don't remember.

Found this.

http://www.addictivetips.com/computer-tips/use-apple-magic-mouse-on-windows-7/

And this! Read a few posts down toward the bottom. Driver released that gets the MM working in 7 even with Scrolling!

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2221427&tstart=0

Report back please. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac i5 27", MacBook Air 2010 13"
I am using Windows 7 on my 27" iMac too, and i remember i had a hard time getting Apple stuff to work with it (or the other way around)...
As for the Magic Mouse: I remember i had to look it up via Bluetooth setup in the Controlpanel and disconnect it several times...after some trying around Windows finally managed to accept it and i was able to use it after clicking the mouse once after every startup.
The Keyboard didn't need as much work. All i did was look it up via Bluetooth setup and done.
Only thing you have to really take care of is the timing. If you wait too long the Mouse/Keyboard stops sending the Bluetooth signal...then the slow Windows Bluetooth setup wont find anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.