MobileMe options - not using mail etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" using Mountain Lion, iphone 4s, ipod nano 1.3.1, ipod touch, iPod Classic, iPad 1
I have a MobileMe account which I have no qualms about. I sync mail, iCal, Notes, bookmarks and contacts with a MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPod Touch all ok.

Question is, my wife fancies an iPad and I want to sync the iCal and Contacts with my MobileMe account but she wants her own (old) e-mail address setting up on it, in this case an old BT Account she still uses.

For reasons I don't understand you cannot IMAP a @btinternet.com e-mail address so I've told her basically this will be your main e-mail client.

So going back to the syncing. When I first get the iPad it's going to ask me if I have a MobileMe account when I plug it in and set it up. I do have an account but I don't want my Mail account on her iPad.

Do I just go along with it and then just delete the MobileMe Mail account in the mail settings afterwards, then manually add the BT Account for her and leave the sync contacts/iCal with MobileMe?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You can turn on and off individual MobileMe services in the settings, just turn off Mail once you have it setup.

photo.png

MobileMe iOS settings

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.