Triple Boot Macbook Pro

mgs

Reaction score
I have a current version macbook pro 13 inch 2.44 GHz with an 8 GB memory. Is it possible to triple boot my laptop so that I can run linux and windows 7 on top of snow leopard?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Possible? Yes. Worth the hassle? Probably not.

Linux runs beautifully in a virtual machine - and since it's rare that Linux is used to play games, it really doesn't need to be run natively.

Do yourself a favor and download VirtualBox and install Linux that way. It'll save you a ton of time and trouble.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53GHz, 6GB of RAM, Seagate Momentus XT 500GB (late 2008)
I have a current version macbook pro 13 inch 2.44 GHz with an 8 GB memory. Is it possible to triple boot my laptop so that I can run linux and windows 7 on top of snow leopard?

On top of Snow Leopard? You mean virtualization? Sure you can! get a copy of Parallels or VMware (or maybe even VirtualBox) and you're golden. With a modern MacBook and that much ram, don't even bother in going the Boot Camp route.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.