New to programming. Having trouble with Xcode

Reaction score
Hi there new to this site so hello to everyone. I have just started to try and learn how to program but already having difficulty with xcode 3.2.4 whenever I try and run a program it just comes up and says it has failed with the error message "Can't exec ' /Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2' (No such file or directory) could somebody please help :[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Weird. You have Xcode but not the compiler. I just used the ls command on the command line for that file and it is in my system. I'm running Xcode 3.2.3. If you have that file, then the following might not help.

I'd remove XCode and do a fresh install. By the way, did you download from the iPhone sign on or the Mac OS X sign on? Is your Mac an Intel based model?

Reading the 3.2.5 notes, I see the following removes Xcode when executed in a Terminal window
Code:
sudo <Xcode>/Library/uninstall-devtools --mode=all
<Xcode> being the starting path where you installed it. It should have been /Developer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.