Useable monitors (not sure where to put this)

L

locutus24

Ok so sorry if this is in the incorrect forum area, i was just wondering what types of monitors i can use with my PowerMac G4 that i just purchased. Wanted to ask about if i would be able to use my dell monitor for my PowerMac.

OP
M

macaudiodj

Sure you can, but you might need an adapter! What are the ports on your video card?

OP
L

locutus24

Not sure as of now cause i just ordered my PowerMacG4 and i will not have it till next week sometime, how many different types of adapters are there

OP
L

locutus24

Ok thank you for the info, and since you said there are alot of adapters i will wait and see which one i have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
The PowerMac G4, depending on which modell it is, comes either with one VGA and one DVI connector (the older ones, or with a retail card), or with one ADC and one DVI connector (the later ones), with a DVI-to-VGA adapter being included.

In the case of DVI+VGA, you only need a DVI-to-VGA adapter if you want to connect two monitors, and none of them has DVI.

In the case of ADC+VGA, it's the same, yet you alawys will need 2 adaptors if both screens are VGA, one being included with the PowerMac. If both screens are DVI, you only need an ADC-to-DVI adaptor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.