Where are the changes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 20 inch dual core. 16 GB ipad.
Does anyone know of a guide to using the new features inthe updated os as I can't even find the multitask bar where the orientation lock is supposed to be hiding. Also I thought they introduced a folder system and would like to use it if I could find out how.

Reaction score
changes

To create folders, drag one icon on to another like icon and a folder will be created automatically. If you drag for example, Pages on top of Notes, you will create a "productivity" folder.

Hope this helps!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If you can't get the icons to drag on top of each other try tapping one and holding briefly as though you are going to delete it. When the Xs appear on the icons you can drag one on top pf the other.

Reaction score
multitasking menu

after you have opened two apps, click on the "Home" button and then double click the home button twice and it will bring up the multitasking menu.

The rotation lock on the iPad has moved with iOS 4.2 -- it is now a mute switch. To lock orientation, double-click the Home button on the front of the iPad and slide the multitasking tray to the right to reveal a rotation lock, volume and brightness controls and iPod playback controls.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Moved to correct forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Does anyone know of a guide to using the new features inthe updated os as I can't even find the multitask bar where the orientation lock is supposed to be hiding. Also I thought they introduced a folder system and would like to use it if I could find out how.

Apple - iOS 4.2 Software Update

OP
pirrip
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 20 inch dual core. 16 GB ipad.
Thanks for the help. Much better now with the folders. Won't get involved in the orientation lock debate though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.