4.2 update --> iPad spazz --> back to normal

Reaction score
I updated both my iPads last night and they were working fine. I put mine on my nightstand and went to bed. When I woke up this am it wouldn't turn on. I kept trying to do a hard reset, everything I could think of. Plugged it in while I was in the shower thinking maybe I had drained the battery, nothing. So I brought it to work and plugged it back into my laptop. At first, nothing, not being recognized by iTunes.

Then, all of a sudden, it spontaneously wakes up and starts syncing. Now it seems to be working fine. And the battery was at 100% when it woke up.

Have no idea what happened, and I'm not here to complain. Just wanted to share the story in case anyone else had a similar experience so they wouldn't freak out. I was ready to head to the Apple store at lunch. But whatever it was seems to have fixed itself.

Brent

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I had this happen once. My iPad just wouldn't turn on. But it had nothing to do with an update. However, I was able to fix it with a hard reset. I figured the iPad just froze up in sleep mode.

OP
J
Reaction score
You're right. I should clarify that I can't say for sure that it had anything to do with the update, just happened right afterward so it's possible that it's just a coincidence. Hard reset didn't seem to be working for me. Not sure what woke it up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.