Tasks as in Blackberry?

Reaction score
Is there an App in iPhone that does the same as "tasks" in Blackberry.

That's the only reason I don't want to switch.

I set a reminded and the phone vibrates when the task is supposed to be performed.

I heard with iPhone you need to have the app on, that it won't run in the background by itself.

Thanks for your help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I did have a blackberry for a few weeks but reverted back to my iPhone. Now I don't remember the app that you are talking about but I will say the calendar on the iPhone is considerably better than the Blackberry, as is the alarm clock as it goes (which incidentally are the main reasons I went back to my iPhone, I really like the keyboard on my BB but I preferred how the iPhone allowed me to organise my day).

You may find that as you can create a number of calendars in the iPhone and set reminders to alert you when a task/appointment is due, that it can replace the tasks app that you are used to on the BB?

Reaction score
I have an exchange account that I access from my laptop/desktop/workstation/OWA/iPhone. I set an appointment in the calendar on any of these devices (you could just do a local phone calendar as well) with a custom alert and it pops up a reminder accordingly. You can also use the Clock app to set an alarm if you don't want to muck up your calendar with lots of once-per-week reminders and things.

OP
lost_in_thought
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies.

So the "reminder application" does not have to be running in order for the notification to appear?

Sounds great!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.