Powerbook 1400c battery charge.

Reaction score
Hello this is my first first post. I own a Powerbook 1400c/166 with external video card from newer, but no G3 upgrade. The main question I have is the light on the right corner of the screen does not light up, unless in sleep mode. Also, I don't seem to be getting it to charge at all. The only time i noticed other wise with the light was after I removed the HDD it turned green. Once I put the HDD back it went back to not turning green. Does anyone know how to get the Powerbook to charge. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Hello this is my first first post. I own a Powerbook 1400c/166 with external video card from newer, but no G3 upgrade. The main question I have is the light on the right corner of the screen does not light up, unless in sleep mode.
Yes, that's the sleep light.

http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Manuals/powerbooks/0309034APB1400UM.PDF

Also, I don't seem to be getting it to charge at all. The only time i noticed other wise with the light was after I removed the HDD it turned green. Once I put the HDD back it went back to not turning green. Does anyone know how to get the Powerbook to charge. Thanks.
The computer is thirteen years old. The battery is almost certainly stone dead.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.