bought a domain

Reaction score
I am looking into purchasing a domain using godaddy.com, and I am very new to this whole operation. I am looking to make a simple review website that supports advertisement so a profit can be made. I was looking into using iweb to design the site, and using mobileme to publish it. Does mobileme support advertisements and profits? If i decide to use mobileme will it include the ".mac" anywhere in the website url or domain at all? Is this a good way to start for someone who has a little bit of background with web design, or should I try and tackle making the site from scratch? If someone could help me out with some answers, it would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Can't answer most, but there will be no mention of .mac or MobileMe in your URL. I bought a domain name and have it published using MobileMe and it works perfectly. iWeb is pretty easy to use and would be a good starting point IMO.

OP
M
Reaction score
chiefly ignatoe

one more thing i forgot to mention how does copyright work? i dont want people stealing my pictures does it have something that has a copy right thing? also does it have something with your web site statues so i know how many people are going on it and things like that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
GoDaddy has statistic tools so you can analyse your traffic through a variety of different filters.

In terms of your pictures - you can only put up a notice explaining that everything on your site you own is subject to copyright and should only be downloaded with permission from you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@matty

Look into using a "watermark" over your photos that show copyright. Lots of folks do that in lieu of the basic copyright statement. That more than anything else prevents unauthorized use of your photos or works.

Reaction score
Hi matty9321, nice money making idea you came up with. Hope you have implemented it successfully. Anyway Godaddy is quite a good web hosting service and domain registrar if you ask me. Good luck with your web publishing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.