Mac book boot problem

Reaction score
I have a mac book pro and I'm running with this peculiar problem where when I close my lid or shutdown my laptop, and wake it back up or turn it on back again, It wont start. To boot back again I have to long press the power button and the sleep light will blink and then shut it down and turn it on back again....
Pls help me with this its really annoying and I'm tired searching for solution for this problem...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You didn't mention how old the machine was or if it's still under warranty or extended Apple care. If it is, make an appointment with Apple and have them look at it. The symptoms you described generally are caused by the sleep - wake function logic. If resetting the SMC doesn't cure it, the problem may be related to faulty hardware. The techs at Apple have the proper equipment to diagnose those kinds of problems.

OP
M
Reaction score
You didn't mention how old the machine was or if it's still under warranty or extended Apple care. If it is, make an appointment with Apple and have them look at it. The symptoms you described generally are caused by the sleep - wake function logic. If resetting the SMC doesn't cure it, the problem may be related to faulty hardware. The techs at Apple have the proper equipment to diagnose those kinds of problems.

thats the problem I dont have any warranty, mine is early 2008 mac book pro.
does replacing my battery is going to help??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thats the problem I dont have any warranty, mine is early 2008 mac book pro.
does replacing my battery is going to help??

Replacing the battery may give you better life in between charge cycles but it really has nothing to do with the sleep - wake - power logic. It's probably still better to have Apple look at it even if it's not under warranty. They have a minimum diagnosis fee they'll charge but at least it will give you some idea of whether or not you would want to repair it.

If it turns out to be a bad logic board, it could cost quite a bit to repair. But then again, it may something more simple and less expensive.

OP
M
Reaction score
Replacing the battery may give you better life in between charge cycles but it really has nothing to do with the sleep - wake - power logic. It's probably still better to have Apple look at it even if it's not under warranty. They have a minimum diagnosis fee they'll charge but at least it will give you some idea of whether or not you would want to repair it.

If it turns out to be a bad logic board, it could cost quite a bit to repair. But then again, it may something more simple and less expensive.

may be I'll do that
Thanks for the help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.