Word and/or Excel for iPad

Reaction score
I want to buy the iPad, and who are we kidding, I probably will anyway, but I would really like to be able to do work on it, which means using Excel and Word. I know there are a couple apps in the iTunes store that are 'comparable', but I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about word or excel ever coming to iPad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB, 320 GB, OSX 10.7.3; TC - 500 GB; iPhone 4S; iPod Nano
dream on my friend

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
Haven't heard about it yet, though they would make a killing offering it. Considering they sell an office version for mac and people buy it, I'm not sure why they don't feel like making more money. One solution a lot of businesses use would be a remote viewer app. There are free ones and paid apps (I personally like team viewer). You can use these to remote into your computer and just use word or excel on the computer via the remote access from your iPad. Several people I've talked to do this to basically carry their office with them. Might be a good option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

The iWork suite for the iPad does a pretty good job as productivity apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
The iPad is not a computer, repeat after me

If you want MS Office, you need a computer.

Reaction score
Hello;

DocsToGo is fully compatible with the MS office suite. You can synch through any of the cloud storage sites like Box.net or Apple's Site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
Word/Excel will NEVER come to the iPad...but iWork is great =]

Reaction score
Try Google Docs

Criminey, I'm with you. I love the Office stuff, but am learning to use iWorks. Have you ever gotten on the free Google Docs? What's nice about it is that you can work on a document and enable whomever you want to also have access to it. Students working in groups love it because many from all over the world can have input into the same document. Just go to google.com, and at the top of the page you should see the word "Docs." If not, click on the word, "More" and scroll down until you see "Docs." Good luck. JB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.