At 157 cycles, my Macbook Pro battery is already at 85%... is something wrong?

Reaction score
It usually hangs somewhere around 96-99, but the other day it dropped down to the 92-ish range. I calibrated the battery last night, and when it charged back up, it was at 85%.

Is something wrong with it? I purchased it in November of 2009.

Reaction score
I had an apple genius tell me once that they cover it up to 300 cycles. I dunno if this is true but it might be worth a shot. If it is incorrect you are no worse off than you are now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4ghz i5 Macbook Pro
I heard it was 1000 cycles?

If you have less then 1000 cycles and you are at or below 80% health they will replace your battery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
By the way, I also noticed the same issue after I calibrated mine. Battery was great until I did that. It seemed to drop considerably. I was at 90% on only 50 or so cycles after my second calibration. I've been using since and not calibrating and I'm noticing that I've actually jumped up to 93% now at 65 cycles. Could just be a coincidence but I'm keeping my eye on it just it case I need a replacement as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.