Aperture Library Won't load in iWeb after update to Aperture 3.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8GHz i5 16GB RAM - Macbook Pro 2.66 Ghz i7 8GB Ram
My copy of Aperture was recently updated to version 3.1.

Since then I cannot get my Aperture library to load in iWeb.

When I opened Aperture for the first time after the upgrade, I was prompted the the library needed to be upgraded, so I'm guessing that iWeb is not able to work with this upgrade.

Has anyone else ran into this issue? (At least one person on another forum was having a similar issue.)

Is there a fix? (I checked for updates, but it says I'm up to date.)

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8GHz i5 16GB RAM - Macbook Pro 2.66 Ghz i7 8GB Ram
*** Solution Found! ***

After searching through many a forum I found a solution. (Actually I found it a couple of times, but I had a little trouble figuring out how to delete a file from the Aperture library (a package.)

Here’s what worked for me:

1) View the package contents of my Aperture library (right click on the file in Finder and click on view package contents)

2) Find delete a file named ApertureDatabaseTimestamp in the iLifeSharing folder.

3) Change the permissions on the iLifeSharing folder to read only so this file cannot be re-created.

I also found some posts which indicated that tiff files with invalid dates could also cause the problem. In this case, the resolution was to update the date.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.