• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Dev dvd leaked

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5
I was just over at demonoid and saw the dev dvd available. I think it's a 2.4gb download too. Others are confirming it's real. Anyone have it yet?

R

ryanyogan

I just came across this too, right now it looks as if it is a development kit for the developers, not actually the x86 version of tiger. Could be wrong though, my guess is this will not run on just any system anyway, I am sure they only supplied the drivers for the current dev systems. Then again it could run, just in 800x600 with no sound, networking, anything really... Might not even be able to control the CPU fan, etc..

Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me, I don't see the point though, because like ryanogan said, you won't be able to do much with it without a dev box.

I am trying to get my hands on a copy of Vista, legally.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
mynameis said:
I am trying to get my hands on a copy of Vista, legally.

Easy, just subscribe to MSDN. ;)

I had a chance to check it out the other day (friends MSDN version). Very nice looking, but I didn't get to play with it long enough to see anything other than the superficial GUI changes.

Reaction score
dan828 said:
Easy, just subscribe to MSDN. ;)

I have an MSDNAA subscription but it isn't available yet…

I don't want to pay for a regular MSDN subscriptions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
yea i saw some stuff on some torrent sites about dev releases...i havent gone near them though
-chris

R

ryanyogan

Again I really think there is no chance in **** that you will get this to run, but there is a new file floating around easily found on any torrent search site...

[EDIT: REMOVED LINK]

Alot of people are saying you need to install it over Darwin, some are saying it loads but is missing all the image files, I personally say don't waste your time, but hey if ya get it working post some screens!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
ryanyogan said:
Again I really think there is no chance in **** that you will get this to run, but here is the new image that is floating....

Alot of people are saying you need to install it over Darwin, some are saying it loads but is missing all the image files, I personally say don't waste your time, but hey if ya get it working post some screens!

You may want to at least remove the link from your post... I know they have to be pretty strict about aiding in the distribution of copywritten materials here. I could be wrong and it may be fine... Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.