iPhone 4 Bluetooth

Reaction score
Hi all,

I got my iPhone 4 last week, and wanted to pair my headset. I have turned it on and tried to pair, yet cannot find anything (my old handset can pair with it and my wife's 3GS can pair with it)

I have tried some problem solving, and it turns out I can't even pair with my wife's 3GS.

Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

Thanks

C

chas_m

The fact that you can't pair your iPhone 4 with your wife iPhone 3GS means nothing -- the iPhone(s) have never been able to pair with basically anything BUT headsets. The Bluetooth in all iPhone models is limited compared to say the Bluetooth in your Mac.

The problem may be that while you have turned the headset ON, you haven't put it in "discovery mode." I had to do that with my headset, which mean pressing and holding the on button until the light switched from slow-blinking blue to fast-blinking red ... then the iPhone could see it right away, and once paired it went to slow-blinking blue by itself as it should. Check your manual of course, but that's what I had to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.