Rank the most important features on a new Ipad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
Oddly enough, on the evening news tonight they talked about the eminent release of a new iPad touting thinner and a front facing camera two of the key upgrades. That got me thinking about what importance I would place on what features of a new iPad 2.0.

Here are mine, give me yours. I realize that this is an exercise in futility because Steve's gonna give us what he wants to give us:D

1)Faster processor
2)Better display
3)More storage
4)Forward facing camera
5)Thinner/lighter(this is not really a concern for me)

C

chas_m

1) Facetime front-facing camera.
2) Printing (yes I know that's coming this week or thereabouts)

Apart from that, nothing really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
it's pretty good the way it is given that it's way

too big to be either a phone or a camera. Rear looking camera might be OK for videochatting.

Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't give a flip about a camera on an iPad.

I hardly ever use the facetime on my iPhone 4 (And I have a jailbreak that allows me to use facetime over 3G and still don't use it)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
1) Facetime front-facing camera.
2) Printing (yes I know that's coming this week or thereabouts)

Apart from that, nothing really.

Same here.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I do agree somewhat with folks that say a camera is not important on the iPad...heck I can count on one hand the number of times that I'm used/needed the camera on my MacBook Pro;). But I'll tell you what...if you do have a situation where having a camera would be nice...it REALLY comes in handy!:)

For example...my wife was on a long business trip recently (10+ days) to Europe. It was sure nice (with me in the US)...and she was in London, Geneva, Warsaw, and Paris...to not only be able to talk/hear her via the internet...it was also nice see her as well!:)

And not just for the "warm fuzzy" of actually being able to see her...but for her to show me things that she may have bought as souvenir's, what her hotel rooms looked like (at least as well as a computer camera can show)...or maybe even the view from her hotel room window.

- Nick

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I would go with thinner, lighter and slightly smaller. I'm actually more optimistic about the smaller after seeing where Steve recently dissed 7 inch tablets. That reminded me of how he ran down Netbooks as too small just before releasing iPad and followed not long after with 11 in MacBook Air (probably the best net book ever imagined). :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5/ iphone4S 32GB.Ipad 3G
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't give a flip about a camera on an iPad.

I hardly ever use the facetime on my iPhone 4 (And I have a jailbreak that allows me to use facetime over 3G and still don't use it)

I feel the same

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Option to dual boot to OS X? USB or the like to connect various goodies. Ability to browse a network and copy/store/transfer files natively. Ability to open multiple documents, browser windows and terminals sessions on the same "desktop" to copy/paste/etc while actually looking at both items simultaneously. Option to download files from websites and then unzip/mount/use them right away on the iPad. Example: download and open a help doc and be able to copy terminal commands into a terminal session or read from that document while typing into a Word doc or terminal window. Native sftp, ssh and telnet would be great. Yes, I'd like to have these things so I could use it at work in a datacenter. Other than that, a lighter weight would be nice for reading in bed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.