two itunes issues: installing 4.9 and doubled library

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5 GHz Pb G4 2 GB, imac 2.4 GHz 2 GB, iphone 16 GB
i have installed itunes 4.9 successfully before, but then went through a clean install and when i try and install it now, it gets stuck on the installation step: it says the 3 files to download are disabled, and what's even more weird - that they're 0 bytes in size. what gives?!

moving on >_>
i have noticed that the size of my itunes library folder is 45.43 Gb when all my music only sums up to 24.97. how did that happen, i ask? >_<

being away from your mac and stuck with a pc, and i forgot how to deal with them...

OP
red milk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hahaha
well thanks for trying anyway.
it's very weird, i am unable to install any version of itunes right now,
so i'm running a backed up version of 4.8 from before.
when i tried to reinstall it off an ilife dvd, everything installed BUT itunes.
it's getting me worried, especially since it was only few weeks ago i did a clean install of the entire system...

Reaction score
Sadly all I can suggest are the things most of the others covered in that thread. Do a software update and see if anything's missing.

Otherwise... throw your hands in the air and seek solace in the thought that you are alive and NOT Bryan Adams... or his wife, or either of his ugly children, or his mouse, car seat or Loofah.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
about the doubled music. check and see if when you installed iTunes that it didnt relocate and duplicate the music you already had on your mac.

OP
red milk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i managed to solve my double library issue by deleting the itunes folder and starting it from scratch.
i have checked if my software is up to date many times, it's really weird.

*throws hands in the air*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.