Changing changed login screen

Reaction score
Howdy,

I'm having a problem changing the login screen. I changed it via some commands on the console so that it would use one of my pictures in the ../Library/Desktop Pictures folder, but I've forgotten what I did andor where I got those steps from.

I have googled but all I get is the System/Library/CoreServices trick with the DesktopDefault pic, but that isn't working. I've already tried that and the custom picture remains. Actually, the original DesktopDefault picture was still there when I checked that folder yester-night, for it had never been touched. It was just not being used.

If I move/delete the picture I've set as login background from the Desktop Pictures folder, then all I get is a blue background at login. Same if I just copy another picture and rename it to the current one's filename: doesn't work, goes to a blue background.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

TIA for any useful input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
Give this a try SuperDocker (Mac) - Download . It has an option to change the login screen picture, and also to restore it to default..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" AL 2.93 GHz Intel C2D - SSD, HDD external, OS X 10.7, 4 GB Ram
Thanks Chef eam, downloaded and up and working.

Works great, like the other features build into it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.