using spider 2pro

Reaction score
using spyder2pro software

Hello, being new to this site I was looking for answers on using the Spyder 2Pro software on my 24" Mac Os X

I am nervous about using it and was wondering if it is a pretty simple thing to do? I noticed that when I printed from my photoshop cs5 to my Epson r2400 printer the colors were not accurate at all. When I print straight from my Mac the colors are beautiful. I am looking for near perfection when I print. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is all so foreign to me. Also, should I also calibrate my Dell U2410 monitor (which mirrors my mac)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Monitor calibration will calibrate the monitor, that is a good thing but have little effect on print.

You will have no problems using the Syder 2Pro

By printing straight from your mac - do you mean preview.app?

Photoshop probably assigns the SWOP coated commercial printing profile when printing. You will have to play with the colour profiles for your printer (print management is to the right of the print dialogue in CS5)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.