• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Study finds Wi-Fi makes trees sick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Maybe that explains why the climbing plant outside my study has died ;)

The study also found that Wi-Fi radiation could inhibit the growth of corn cobs.

... make sure we dont put wifi hotspots all over Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska and Minnesota

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Okay so basically it's free radicals that are man made...? I'm surprised the tree-huggers aren't all over this. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I've had a wireless router in my house for over 2 yrs now and there are at least 3 other networks that my airport "sees" at any given time (neighbors' houses are in close proximity) and I have 2 very healthy citrus trees in my back yard and a very healthy indoor plant in my living room (8 feet from my router). I don't see any negative effects on nearby plant life. You should see the size of these oranges and lemons. Hey, maybe wi-fi is making my citrus grow even better! haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
These egg heads need to find something constructive to do. Good God.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well we should all know if you fund research you can get almost any result you want. Look at eggs!

Just love that last paragraph.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Trees are over rated. What have they ever done for us anyway. Stupid TREES ! :D

Gotta agree with XJ on this one. I wonder if anyone has ever done a study hypothesizing whether or not doing studies ones whole life had adverse effects on the case conductor and to those around them. Where do these monkey's find the time for this cr@p?

Doug

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I've had a wireless router in my house for over 2 yrs now and there are at least 3 other networks that my airport "sees" at any given time (neighbors' houses are in close proximity) and I have 2 very healthy citrus trees in my back yard and a very healthy indoor plant in my living room (8 feet from my router). I don't see any negative effects on nearby plant life. You should see the size of these oranges and lemons. Hey, maybe wi-fi is making my citrus grow even better! haha

Mutant trees obviously. :p

C02 to O2? :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1

The aqueduct.

Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah. That's true.

And the sanitation!

Oh yes... sanitation, Reg, you remember what the city used to be like.

All right, I'll grant you that the aqueduct and the sanitation are two things that the Romans have done...

And the roads...

Well yes obviously the roads... the roads go without saying. But apart from the aqueduct, the sanitation and the roads...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
This article is worse than useless. The description of the methodology is so weak that they could have done practically everything.

At a guess, I'm going to say that this study conclusively proves that some members of the Dutch scientific community has been hanging out in Amsterdam coffee shops too much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
technologist there are better establishments in Amsterdam to hang out in than coffee shops!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
technologist there are better establishments in Amsterdam to hang out in than coffee shops!

He didn't mean coffee shops. He meant "coffee" shops....

doug

Edit: Oh wait, let me put an ;) in there, so you know that I knew what you meant in the first place.

;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.