Imac won't show internet pictures? HELP!!

Reaction score
I have tried everything. My Imac won't show any online pictures. When I go on the yahoo homepage, it shows everything except the pictures (the news headline picture in the center, ect.) Do I just have to update a plugin or something? Please help!!! I had norton, and I un-installed it today, but the pics still arent showing!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I'm assuming this problem happens in all your web browsers? If you don't have another browser besides Safari then try installing Firefox and Google's Chrome to see if you still have the problem.

Since you do have an antivirus installed that could be the cause of your problem. A lot of antivirus software can be turned off temporarily. You should try that and see if it solves your problem or turn off all the high security features in Norton. Antivirus software can block certain features in a website if you allow it to in the settings.

When was the first time you had this problem? Was it before of after installing Norton antivirus? Did it happen after you installed something else? In other words do you remember making any changes that might have caused the problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Flash playing a part in it ??

Just a thought

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Just another thought - Norton and MacOS X are not a good combination, according to several threads I've read on four Mac forums. It is largely redundant/superfluous for the Mac OS anyway, so unless you're dealing a lot with Windows users and their numerous trojan/virus problems, consider ditching Norton altogether.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Do not consider ditching Norton's - do it today!

Norton's made great utilities back in the classic days but they are not with it now! Ask why pay to download Windows virus definitions to a Mac when the viruses will not run under the Unix operating system? There are no Mac OS X viruses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
Isn't there also an option for your browser to not load any pictures at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.