• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Want a White iP4 ?? Ask this kid once he gets out of trouble !!!! LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
A part of me wants to be that kid… but the other doesn't want to break any laws :p

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
A part of me wants to be that kid… but the other doesn't want to break any laws :p

Agreed Makes you wonder though as to what the REAL problems are with  getting them on the shelves if this kid made so much money by doing it himself ??? And having happy customers .... Think  need to employ this kid and see what else he has up his sleeve if he can think outside the box like this ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I fail to see how this is illegal? Apple has only them self to kick in the rear, but that's assuming they actually have a problem with it, which I don't, and have called BS on all their claims before and still hold my word. I think they are waiting to release a white version right before a new iphone comes out...whether it's iphone5 or just an iphone4v2.0. I know I will be trying the white conversion kit when my warranty is up...guaranteed!

Reaction score
darn smart kid! much ingenius at young age. of course who doesn't want the white version of the iphone especially that of the iphone 4. i just hope apple releases their official white version soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
What's illegal? He's selling a phone cover. I don't get it.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Said it before and will say it again, why is everyone so obsessed with having a white phone!
It's all about image isn't it. Vanity is expensive I guess.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Said it before and will say it again, why is everyone so obsessed with having a white phone!

It has me stumped too Kev ... White or Black ?? Just goes to show the sort of mentality that the human race has doesnt it

Why white looks so much better is a mystery to me.. I wouldnt buy one ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.

Well its not a white iphone its a white iphone 4 which technically doesn't exist yet.

To onlookers it looks like you have some amazing new piece of kit long before anyone else.

If you have a CEX in Crawley look at how much they bump up the price of stuff that hasn't been released/is difficult to get when they have it.

They had offline iphone 4s for £750 when stocks were low at Apple and had Call of Duty Modern Warfare for £75 a week before it released.

Some people will pay stupid amounts of money to have the latest bit of tech and be that little bit more in front of everyone else.

In terms of breaking the law all he is doing is selling a phone cover so I don't see what laws he is breaking.

Flip it around a minute if he had come up with the idea of making a white iphone 4 cover before Apple had announced it would Apple be infringing on his idea?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Where is the crime committed? Why is that when ever Apple says something is a crime or against the law everyone jumps on board as if their the legal authority? Time and again Apple cries foul to only be proven wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
It is a short write up, but I don't see the crime unless it can be proven he knowingly and willfully purchased stolen goods, or made some fraudulent sales decisions. Of course, in a civil case anything is possible. There is also the question of whether it was a lawful import of goods for resale aspect as well. Who knows, the article doesn't say too much.

Reaction score
This whole thing is hilarious. Reminds me of people buying holy water.

Even the name of the website (whiteiphone4NOW) is a parable of the culture's obsession with instant gratification. Oh my, if you don't buy the kit, you'll have to wait until SPRING :eek: Oh the horror!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Remember when the black MacBook was the one to get? The infamous "Blackbook" was the desirable one and commanded a premium. I'm going to laugh if the iPhone5 comes in mostly white and everyone freaks out trying to get the black version.

Reaction score
Remember when the black MacBook was the one to get? The infamous "Blackbook" was the desirable one and commanded a premium. I'm going to laugh if the iPhone5 comes in mostly white and everyone freaks out trying to get the black version.

That would be hilarious. It's a paradox isn't it? So many people want to be "different," but it ends up being a herd mentality.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.