iMac randomly comes out of sleep mode

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.2Ghz, 1TB LaCie external Drive
I'va had my first Mac for about 2 months - love it and haven't touched the PC since.

I've noticed my iMac will randomly come out of sleep mode. There isn't a set time or day. Curious if this is problem to be concerned about.

C

chas_m

There could be various explanations for this. It's unlikely to be an actual problem.

Are you leaving any programs open when the machine is in sleep? Do any of those open applications use the internet?

Do you have "wake for Ethernet network access" checked in Energy Saver?

OP
Yellow_glide
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the reply. Unsure of the programs which were still active, but I'll venture to say that's probably it. I'll check the settings as well. Thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" MAC desktop 3.06 GHSintel Core2 duo 12GB 1067 MHz DDR3 YOSEMITE
I too had this problem and i must have changed something cause it does not do it anymore? wish i knew?

OP
Yellow_glide
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did some checking as as it turned out I was leaving Mail and Safari minimized. I close the apps before entering sleep mode and it hasn't prematurely awakened since.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.