iPod acting funny (shuffling songs)

C

code777

I don't know if its something new since updating my iPod but when I have my iPod hooked up to my Alpine 420i the songs do not play in order. They are like being shuffled around. its weird.

also when i'm using my iPod with headphones i notice a lot of glitches now when trying to listen to podcasts. sometimes they show sometimes they don't. I have to do a reset on the iPod. the display sometimes goes wacky as well.

anyone else having issues?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I'd try resetting the iPod shuffle first, if you haven't:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300595

As for the glitches in the podcast, I'm sure it's some sort of hiccup, when the iPod runs ahead and reads the rest of the podcast and puts it in the memory, before you actually listen to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
code777 said:
I don't know if its something new since updating my iPod but when I have my iPod hooked up to my Alpine 420i the songs do not play in order. They are like being shuffled around. its weird.

also when i'm using my iPod with headphones i notice a lot of glitches now when trying to listen to podcasts. sometimes they show sometimes they don't. I have to do a reset on the iPod. the display sometimes goes wacky as well.

anyone else having issues?

Check to make sure if you have the "Mix Disc" feature enabled on the Alpine, it will shuffle the iPod's songs, even if you don't have shuffle enabled on the iPod. Also check to make sure that the "Mix Folder" option isn't enabled, as that will shuffle albums on the iPod when attached.
As far as 'glitches' in the podcasts, iWhat is probably right. Depending on how long the podcasts are, it could be that the entire cast isn't being cached and the hiccup or glitch you notice is the iPod "catching up" on info that wasn't cached. The Standard iPod will cache roughly 10-15 minutes ahead (less for smaller iPods like the Mini and Shuffle), so if the podcast is longer than that, you could experience some quirks.

OP
C

code777

hmmm, i'll check this out.

but to be more specific - i have playlists set up. when i use the Alpine's head unit to select a playlist the songs start from the last one to the first one. meaning for whatever reason it thinks the last song is the first song. Its not shuffling the songs actually. its just playing them in reverse order.

very strange. i assume its the alpine thingy then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.