**Issues Downloading WoW.. Help!**

Reaction score
Okay;
So i have a new mbp. So my specs are not the problem. Also; my internet is not a problem. I get 200GBs a month, and i have previously downloaded 2 hour movies from the internet which has taken me 20 minutes to fully download. So my internet is fine.

I downloaded the WoW trial last night. It's taken me a good hour to get to 20%. Is that normal; even for the trial? I've given up on my firewall b.s (sooo frustrating) . Turned off macbook firewall, attempted to do that port work on my modem.. idk if it worked. Anyway, that's to complicated for me.

So; my main question is; if i purchase the battle chest; will i have the same issue? I thought that since i'm downloading the game off the CD, it would be a different matter? I'm just asking in advance, and if you guys think its worth it, and normal. having to wait like 20 hours to get WoW+buring crusade downloaded..

Thank you!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
If you're using the downloader app through Blizzard, go into the preferences in the menu bar and disable peer-to-peer, that may help.

The fastest download speeds I've gotten with peer-to-peer disabled was 1.1MB down.

OP
E
Reaction score
Hm, actually, what would help me is if you could tell me if 500kb/s is a normal dld speed? cos thats what i have right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
500k/s is nice.

OP
E
Reaction score
Oh, ok cool thank you Darkest :) I really thought it was slow. you've made my day haha.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.