looking to get an origonal macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I am looking at getting my friends macbook and. so far i know its got 512mg of ram, which i have 2 1gb sticks i am putting in it. is there a way to see if it had the issue with the hard drive issue that they were having. what are the things that i need to look for when i look at it on Monday?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I don't know what issue of the HD you are talking about.
Main thing to look for is that it boots properly, that the disk drive works, trackpad and all the keys are working properly, and that there is no water damage.

If it is a friend's Macbook, then he should be forthright about it's history.
Since it is 4 1/2yrs old, the HD could be good, or could be on it's last legs, but HDs are that cheap now it's not an issue.
As far as you swapping out the RAM, as long as it's 200 pin PC2-5300 DDR2 SO-DIMM you should be fine there too, unless it's dodgy RAM.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
As you will see I have placed a bold and underlined section here:
Apple has determined that a very small percentage of hard drives that were used in MacBook systems, sold between approximately May 2006 and December 2007, may fail under certain conditions.

This is nothing for you to concern yourself about, as if your friend has been using this MB, then he wasn't one of the minority.

Installing MacBook Core Duo AirPort Card - iFixit

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.