Macbook pro damage, won't turn on.

Reaction score
So my macbook pro has a little bit of damage to the case which had happened a few months ago and only affects my cd drive. The real is issue is that after accidentally letting it run out of battery power, it no longer wants to turn on and just stays at the start screen of where just the apple logo and the spinning wheel appear. I took it to the apple genius bar and they said it was completely dead and it would cost me $1,240 to get it sent out to be repaired. I can't afford to have this done, is there a way to get them to just get my computer to start up again for little to no cost? Also he said my hard drive is still in good condition.

P.S. I do have applecare

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
It sounds to me that you have logic board damage from your accidental damage, which has only just come to light.
Even though they said that your HD is ok, I would try booting off your install disk holding C, go to disk utilities, and verify and repair disk.
After that, I would also boot off your second install disc holding D, and run the Apple Hardware Test.
With all this in mind, I would also check to see that the RAM hasn't been slightly dislodged, and rehouse it.
Finally, I would also try taking out the battery, and seeing if you can get it to power up without the battery installed.

OP
S
Reaction score
I would boot off of my install disc but because of the damage of the casing, the disc drive does not work. Also the person at the Genius bar attempted to power on my computer with the battery out and it would not do so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I guess in that case, your only option would be to get hold of an external disk drive (borrow off a friend, etc), that you can use to trouble shoot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.