Atypical Macbook Air Replacement

Reaction score
I recently took my 2.5 yo MBA to the apple store for what appeared to be a hard drive issue. Several months ago both the hard drive and the logic board were replaced and a few months before that the battery was replaced (all under apple care). I got a call today telling me that instead of fixing my computer they were going to give me one of the new macbook airs. I got the choice between a 13" with 64 gigs or any of the 11" ones. I asked how much they would charge to upgrade to the 13" with 128 gigs and they ended up saying they wouldn't charge. Has this happened to anyone else? Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but why are they doing this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Wow, that's excellent!
This is what rocks about Apple. Their customer care in many cases goes far and beyond that of any other company I know of.

There have been many stories similar to yours here, compared to the very few where people have not received the service come to be expected from Apple.

Once again, excellent, and enjoy your new Air.
Post back to tell us what you think of it :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I recently took my 2.5 yo MBA to the apple store for what appeared to be a hard drive issue. Several months ago both the hard drive and the logic board were replaced and a few months before that the battery was replaced (all under apple care). I got a call today telling me that instead of fixing my computer they were going to give me one of the new macbook airs. I got the choice between a 13" with 64 gigs or any of the 11" ones. I asked how much they would charge to upgrade to the 13" with 128 gigs and they ended up saying they wouldn't charge. Has this happened to anyone else? Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but why are they doing this?

This happens from time to time. Basically because they either weren't able to fix it...or it was just going to be too costly to fix it.

Congrats...you should be one happy camper!:)

- Nick

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Why question it when there aren't any strings attached? They do it because they are awesome like that. Enjoy your new MBA.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.