Macbook Pro will not turn on at all!

Reaction score
Sort of linked to the other thread - http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/220785-macbook-wont-power-up.html

I changed the Unibody top today as the old one was dented quite badly...

i feel kinda foolish now as the laptop (which was working before) is no longer powering up at all even though it has full battery and a mains adaptation.

My concern is that i may have damaged the plastic cover thing at the back of the keyboard which the (on switch) seems to be linked to.

I was wondering if you could give me any heads up what the problem could be as i'm already fed up trying to use this rubbish Windows PC.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
If it is under warranty I would take it to the apple store. It sounds to me like you messed something up when you replaced the top so you might also want to ask a friend who either knows more about how to do that or has done it before successfully.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Changing out a unibody case is not something that's easy to do. The older style bodies such as on the plastic MacBook were much easier. The best I can suggest is go back over your work and use the examples for disassembly and re-assembly given at iFixit: The free repair manual. It does sound like you may have damaged the switch linkage.

If you take it to Apple, they're probably going to charge you quite a bit for labor and another new case.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.