help installing Printer Drivers

B

breravin

When OS X was installed on my system, the person who installed chose not to install the optional printer drivers. To my annoyance, i really need my epson 740i to print right now, and the only driver available for OS X is on the installation CD. So my question is: is there anyway to install a printer driver from the OS X install CD AFTER the operating system has already been installed? If yes, how? If no, then that is one of the most absolutely ridiculous things I have ever heard, and a testiment to apple's lack of any common sense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
im sure you can since the second disk is just a package installer. but if only one driver is what you need, you can get it here from Epson

OP
B

breravin

Thanks for the reply, but my Mac game with an installion DVD, not seperate CDs, so I can't find any way to install certain drivers and what not, there is only the option to install OS X from scratch. Also, that link does not have any OS X drivers for the 740i printer. It just says "this driver is included on the OS X installation CD" and therefore not available for download.

Any one else have any idea?!

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.