ibook nightmare!

S

shahid

Hello Folks

Just thought i'd share a few heart-stopping moments i had recently concerning my recently purchased G4 12" ibook, so here follows an account of what happened:

Whilst out meeting a couple of friends yesterday, i decided to unzip my back-pack and show off my pride & joy (G4 ibook) my friend has a Dell windows laptop, which he proudly had on display.

So naturally hoping to match his arrogant sense of pride
I open the lid and hit the power switch on my ibook & nothing happens.. I wait patiently for a few seconds & try again, a few seconds later still nothing.

We are sitting comfortably in some public seating areas during this whole episode, so again i try and switch on the ibook and nothing happens... suddenly i lose grip of the ibook and it slips from my hands (omg!) and to my utter shock & horror it lands itself into a puddle of muddy water!

I proceed to rescue mode with the grace of a baywatch lifeguard, and immediately try to reach down to the floor and grab the ibook.. but with a sense of dismay & disappointment.

My feelings are further heightened as the stark reality of the moment seizes my throat with a vice like grip and i swallow & gulp realizing that my beautiful precious white ibook has now changed colour to a unique dark brown shade.

Fortunately the apple store was close by, so my friend and me rush off there to see if they can help me restore my pride and joy to its former glory.

We enter the store and are greeted by those familiar friendly faces i've come to know so well. I calmly try and explain the situation as i notice my unique brown ibook beginning to drip all the muddy water onto the shiny polished floor of the apple center.

At the same time i notice the apple technician looking at me with which i can only describe as a compassionate but stunned silent gaze..

He hands me some ibook polish with a special cloth used for cleaning ibooks in need of a makeover.
I quickly begin to wipe away the brown mud from my ibook whilst doing this i look closer at my poor ibook and notice it beginning to change colour once again.. but not to its former original white, my dismay turns to unimaginable utter shock as i realize my beautiful white ibook is beginning to resemble a badly sprayed ferrari which has a severe case of rust.

A few moments later... my Alarm clock rings!!! and i open my eyes gradually drifting back into waking conciousness and i realize it was just a bad dream...

Thank god :dive:

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
What a tease! :spook: :eek:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Should have known by the title it was a dream. Because I would not stand any where near a puddle with a electric device.

OP
M

mangoSharingan

Lol, I was ready to punch those PC-fanboy friends of yours when you got your iBook out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
I am ashamed to admit it but I had a similar experience with my 17" PB the other day... Only mine was real. Had to get from my car into my apartment real quick and it had started raining again just as I pulled into my parking spot... I had neglected to put it in the case because I was just dropping in to copy some files and leave again, and when I left work it had stopped raining.

I put my PB firmly under left my arm... and made a run for the door. As I turned the corner of the building I hit a slick spot of mud and down I went... Onto my left side too. Fortunately I was able to hold my arm tight and didn't drop it... But my whole left side was covered in thick mud as was a majority of my PB. I ran up the three stories and into my apartment and began cleaning it off with a washcloth. After a few minutes and the use of some q-tips I was able to bring it back to it's former beauty.

I don't leave the house without it in case anymore... Period.

OP
S

shahid

mangoSharingan said:
Lol, I was ready to punch those PC-fanboy friends of yours when you got your iBook out.

Ha haha haha .yes.. :p

It was one crazy dream... hope it doesn't become one of those reoccurring dreams.

OP
S

shahid

sarahsboy18 said:
I am ashamed to admit it but I had a similar experience with my 17" PB the other day... Only mine was real. Had to get from my car into my apartment real quick and it had started raining again just as I pulled into my parking spot... I had neglected to put it in the case because I was just dropping in to copy some files and leave again, and when I left work it had stopped raining.

I put my PB firmly under left my arm... and made a run for the door. As I turned the corner of the building I hit a slick spot of mud and down I went... Onto my left side too. Fortunately I was able to hold my arm tight and didn't drop it... But my whole left side was covered in thick mud as was a majority of my PB. I ran up the three stories and into my apartment and began cleaning it off with a washcloth. After a few minutes and the use of some q-tips I was able to bring it back to it's former beauty.

I don't leave the house without it in case anymore... Period.

My God yes.. Thankfully, it was so fortunate that you managed to save your powerbook.

I too purchased one of those cases for my ibook, apparently the skin is made from the same stuff divers wear. Making it pretty difficult to get wet (but i wouldn't recommend submersing it in ones bath)

I sometimes have a tendency to be impatient (always rushing around without thinking) and this can lead to forgetfulness, so i'll make a note of reminding myself to keep the ibook in its case when out & about on my travels.

Thanks for sharing your experience

:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.