Imac 3.06 2008 upgrade memory and...

Reaction score
Hiya,

I am looking to upgrade my mac from the 4Gb but from the looking around they are saying is isn't recommended ?! Very Bizarre can anyone hlpe and suggest what upgrade I can do on my Imac.

I am a Photographer & Graphic Designer using Adobe CS4 and i want a little bit extra upmuh! to the machine.

Cheers
Charles

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i7 iMac; 8gb DDR3 ram; ati mobility 4850; 1tb seagate harddrive @7200rpm
You can upgrade it to 6gb of ram by putting one 2gb stick in one slot and another 4gb stick in another slot you might (potentially) lose dual channel bandwidth, but I think the more likely scenario is that you'll get 4gb of dual channel while the extra 2 gb is single channel. Amount of ram is more important than ram bandwidth for everyday stuff like photoshop anyways.

The other possible upgrade would be to change out your HDD for an SSD. Ram and SSD would be the 2 most noticeable factors when working with large files under CS. With an SSD, your files will load much faster and save much faster.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.