Got a Display port audio problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
I recently bought a Mini Display port to VGA adapter to hook up my Macbook to my LCD screens. I mainly wish to run it off my 32 inch LCD TV that I only use for gaming. In fact I am using it right now. My only problem is when i try to watch videos or listen to music.. The audio does not come through the TV.
I bought my Macbook in February this year so it is a pretty new model. There are no audio ports besides the head phone port on the MB.

I have played around in system pref's and see no options to allow audio via the TV.

Can this be done?.

Thanks for your help and time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
See post #7
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/other-hardware-peripherals/193239-connecting-your-mac-your-tv.html

4. Audio Most folks using these older connections already know what they need. But for those few that are new to the whole concept of connecting your computer to a TV, typically you will need what's called a stereo mini-plug (aka 3.5 mm stereo plug) to RCA cable similar to this one. The small single end plugs into your Mac and the red and white ends will plug into the TV next to the video port you are using.

OP
neonmac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
Thanks. Case solved .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
All good..... I used to use a setup with my old Macbook to my TV via VGA, and instead of plugging audio into the TV, I went into the stereo with the speakers on either side of the TV.
Gave a beautiful wall of sound feel :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.