iTunes backup?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13.3" OS X 10.10
Hi, new member here, 2nd post.

I would like to backup my iTunes library to an external HD, but in the drop down menu, I am only given the option of burning the backup to a CD or DVD via my MacBook's internal Drive. Is there a preference setting somewhere to give me the option of saving to an external HD? (I've have tried)!!

Cheers......Brian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Why not just copy your iTunes folder in the Music folder to an external HD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
Hi, new member here, 2nd post.

I would like to backup my iTunes library to an external HD, but in the drop down menu, I am only given the option of burning the backup to a CD or DVD via my MacBook's internal Drive. Is there a preference setting somewhere to give me the option of saving to an external HD? (I've have tried)!!

Cheers......Brian

Itunes doesnt store files it merely saves an xml file of the file locations so that your computer knows where they are.

Just backup your music folder as advised below to an external drive and then export the library

File
Library
Export Library

and it will save a small xml file which you can also save and then use on other machines.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13.3" OS X 10.10
So simple.............Thanks!!:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.