iPhone 3gs hardware issue

Reaction score
i accidentally dropped my iphone 3gs in water but took it out in less than a couple of seconds as soon as i saw it go in. it had a case on it and the damage from the water was minimal. actually you could say none. I immediately opened up the iphone case and disassembled the iphone. wiped out the few drops that got in, and still couldn't get the display to work. finally i disassembled the display and saw that the LCD was damaged. ordered a new LCD and then reassembles the phone. but now i have a weird problem! one thing i have to mention here is that a moron in another thread said that the white thing that holds cable 3 also goes up along with the black tab! I tried to pull the white thing up and it ripped open like paper. luckily i wasn't pulling too hard and only a small part of the white thing came off. i can still put the cable in a lock it in with the black tab down.

now the problem is that i can't hear the other person when i make a call. they can hear me. the proximity sensor is working as the screen turns off when near my face. if i use bluetooth, i can make calls fine. i can make calls fine using the headphones too. when i play songs, i cannot hear them on the speaker. but when i make calls, i can hear the other person on the speaker and the call works fine if i use the speaker. the unlock sound does not work when i unlock the phone. the phone does not vibrate when i put it in silent.

everything else works fine. the home button works fine. volume buttons work fine. power button works fine.

any ideas on how to fix this?

Reaction score
i accidentally dropped my iphone 3gs in water but took it out in less than a couple of seconds as soon as i saw it go in. it had a case on it and the damage from the water was minimal. actually you could say none. I immediately opened up the iphone case and disassembled the iphone. wiped out the few drops that got in, and still couldn't get the display to work. finally i disassembled the display and saw that the LCD was damaged. ordered a new LCD and then reassembles the phone. but now i have a weird problem! one thing i have to mention here is that a moron in another thread said that the white thing that holds cable 3 also goes up along with the black tab! I tried to pull the white thing up and it ripped open like paper. luckily i wasn't pulling too hard and only a small part of the white thing came off. i can still put the cable in a lock it in with the black tab down.

now the problem is that i can't hear the other person when i make a call. they can hear me. the proximity sensor is working as the screen turns off when near my face. if i use bluetooth, i can make calls fine. i can make calls fine using the headphones too. when i play songs, i cannot hear them on the speaker. but when i make calls, i can hear the other person on the speaker and the call works fine if i use the speaker. the unlock sound does not work when i unlock the phone. the phone does not vibrate when i put it in silent.

everything else works fine. the home button works fine. volume buttons work fine. power button works fine.

any ideas on how to fix this?

sorry to hear that scorpion. i hope somebody in the forum can help you fix your iphone problem.

bumping this thread!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.