Lagging problems, even after fresh format

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having some subtle lagging problems on my macbook pro (2.53ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb HD, purchased this year)

For example, I would click on an application in the dock, and it would take a split second for the icon to start jumping.
Or I would start to write a text, it would lag for a split second between the letters, and then continue writing the letters that I previously typed.
Or I would click on any button, and it would take a split second for my click to be registered.

I think this started to happen after I installed Logic Pro on my laptop. The software is like 10 gigs and it was constant writing to the hard drive for hours on end.

I tried a fresh format with zero-ing out the drive as well, but I'm still having the problem with almost nothing at all installed.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks a lot!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Probably your HDD trying to keep up.

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problems only with video lag, I think it may be related to a damaged graphics card. I had my HD overheat and then replaced it but since I have little lag spikes anywhere from 1-5 seconds. I just wiped my HD and re-installed with no luck fixing it. So if you find out let me know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.