new to the forum , need help

Reaction score
hi there ive had a mac all my life and i currently use an eMac 10.3.9 and im finding it hard to find a printer which is compatiable with it as new printers say only compatiable with 10.4 or higher, does anyone know of a printer which is will work with my mac?
thank you regards michele

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Well that's kind of a sign that your OS is dated. It's probably easier just to update your OS than trying to find a printer that will work with your current OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Is it just a printer. Usually that just requires a printer profile and some PPD drivers. It may be that the printer will work with 10.3, as long as you dont want anything fancy like scanning and fax.

The manufactures would probably not list it as 10.3 compatible, since so few machines run Panther nowadays

It may be that the open source GutenPrint library will have drivers for newer printers as well, since it is kept up to date

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php

Reaction score
Theres really good used compatible printers at the thrift store..nice laser printers like for $4.00. I still use an Apple Laserwriter Pro630... along with several others from the thrift store. Have 3 color lasers from the thrift store. You do have to know what your doing...I always test them there unless I find it in a dumpster.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.