Making a Demonstration Video for iPhone App

Reaction score
I am trying to make a video to demonstrate the iPhone app, Tennis Buddy. I have discovered slimfinger, an iphone simulator, and have screen capture capabilities, however I cannot figure out how to get the app to run through the simulator.
I filmed a demonstration using a Cannon Rebel HD, but the video quality is poor due to "lines" that appear to move across the iPhone screen.
Any advice on how to run the app through the simulator (or other options?) in order to properly screen capture the demonstration?
Thanks,
LKLaCour

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Merged & deleted crossposted thread.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Umm why not use Quicktime to screen record what you are doing on your desktop? If you are using an iPhone Simulator.

OP
L
Reaction score
Screen capturing is not the problem. the problem is I cannot figure out how to get the app to work in a simulator, or even find a simulator to run it.
Think there's a way to video screen capture whats happening on my iphone screen? is there an app for that?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Umm I use JollysFastVNC. It works. There is also videos on youtube on how to set it up. It's for the Mac.

OP
L
Reaction score
that lets me screen share with the other computers on my network, but my iphone is not on that list. how do i get it to see my iphone as a computer?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that lets me screen share with the other computers on my network, but my iphone is not on that list. how do i get it to see my iphone as a computer?

You need to find your iPhone's IP address.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thank you so much for talking me through this.
I've found the IP address. now what?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you so much for talking me through this.
I've found the IP address. now what?

Vid on how to do it. Linky

Your phone also has to be jailbroken for this to actually work. >_>" Kinda of forgot, since it's important.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.