Advice on new purchase?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 320GB Serial ATA Drive, 320GB External HDD
So I wasn't able to get my Mac straight away and will have to wait until January, this isn't too bad and I've been doing a little searching a little comparing and I've come up with this;

Now baring in mind, I will be using my student discount when buying these products, so I will be getting 15% off which would make the final products;

maccompare.png

Macbook Pro - £849.99
Mac Mini (Upgraded) - £782.85

Now from my personal perspective, it would seem that by buying the Mac Mini but with my upgrades, I'm getting a lot more for my money, where as the Macbook Pro costs more but obviously, it's portable.

Thoughts/Oppinions guys?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
Do you want a portable computer such as the Macbook or one to use at home like the mini.

The mini also doesnt come with a screen or other things you would get with a imac.

Entry level imac is £999 so if you should be able to get one for £849 and it would come with the same hd as the mini, same ram but faster processor. You also would get a 21.5 inch screen included in the purchase.

OP
Fragil1ty
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 320GB Serial ATA Drive, 320GB External HDD
Do you want a portable computer such as the Macbook or one to use at home like the mini.

The mini also doesnt come with a screen or other things you would get with a imac.

Entry level imac is £999 so if you should be able to get one for £849 and it would come with the same hd as the mini, same ram but faster processor. You also would get a 21.5 inch screen included in the purchase.

It's mainly going to be used for my studies @ university.
I was initially looking for something portable, but I prefer desktop machines, I've also already got a screen that could be used, rather new actually, a 22" samsung @ 1080p / 1920x1080.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
It's mainly going to be used for my studies @ university.
I was initially looking for something portable, but I prefer desktop machines, I've also already got a screen that could be used, rather new actually, a 22" samsung @ 1080p / 1920x1080.

Would go for the MBP then as you may need to take it into University.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.