iPad rejecting WIFI key - corporate guest network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Quad Core iMac
I have been trying to connect my iPad to a guest network at a corporate HQ, and it keeps rejecting the password.

In the settings I get the error...
'Incorrect password for "xxxxxx"'
And I try via Safari I get...
'Unable to join the network "xxxxxx"'

I am using the correct key provided by the company, and this has been verified as the 3 laptops I am using for training al work ok.
But my iPad stubbornly refuses to join the network, my home and families networks all work ok.

I have done some searching but most solutions revolve around rebooting or resetting the wireless network, there is no way this company will let me do that or remove the password as also seems to be the solution.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? And if so do you have a solution?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
Is it possible to block people connecting using an Ipad?

My work doesn't allow me to connect my personal iphone to their services even though I have all the details.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Quad Core iMac
Could be I guess, just annoying as it would be good to get on line.
But I guess I'll have to stick to using my MiFi instead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Have you asked your IT department?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Quad Core iMac
will need to speak to IT, but its knowing who to speak to for a sensible answer!

Reaction score
I have been trying to connect my iPad to a guest network at a corporate HQ, and it keeps rejecting the password.

In the settings I get the error...
'Incorrect password for "xxxxxx"'
And I try via Safari I get...
'Unable to join the network "xxxxxx"'

I am using the correct key provided by the company, and this has been verified as the 3 laptops I am using for training al work ok.
But my iPad stubbornly refuses to join the network, my home and families networks all work ok.

I have done some searching but most solutions revolve around rebooting or resetting the wireless network, there is no way this company will let me do that or remove the password as also seems to be the solution.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? And if so do you have a solution?

_______
This worked for me, go into wifi setting and turn off the auto-login. Open up safari and see if you get the login options you need. This worked for me on a HP procurve guest network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.