Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Core i7-720 QM, 8GB DDR3, 17" MBP
Hi all,

I'm running a tri-boot system with rEFIt on my MacBook Pro 7,1 unibody 17":

1. Mac OSX Snow Leopard
2. Gentoo Linux ~amd64
3. Windows 7 x64

I've managed to make all of these bootable and configured the first two. However, drivers for Windows 7 seem to be very elusive.

I can't use Boot Camp to install my Windows 7 because I partitioned with gparted and Boot Camp refuses to recognise the ntfs partition which exists.

I don't have a Snow Leopard DVD anywhere near me (I'm at University several hundred miles from home, where it is) and I've been informed the drivers are on there. Can anyone help me locate them on the web, or otherwise provide them to me?

Doesn't Work At All:
- Trackpad (multitouch and two finger right click don't work)
- Wifi (it's the Broadcom one, STA driver works in Linux but I can't seem to find a Windows one)

Semi-Working:
- Audio Cirrus Logic CS4206A (have found a driver for it but it doesn't work with headphones or microphone)
- Keyboard Layout (I made one with a freeware tool but it's far from perfect, and the media keys don't work)

Working:
- NVIDIA Graphics (NVIDIA driver works fine)

Any help would be much appreciated.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Core i7-720 QM, 8GB DDR3, 17" MBP
Windows x64 Driver Questions

I posted this in the wrong place first.

-----

Hi all,

I'm running a tri-boot system with rEFIt on my MacBook Pro 7,1 unibody 17":

1. Mac OSX Snow Leopard
2. Gentoo Linux ~amd64
3. Windows 7 x64

I've managed to make all of these bootable and configured the first two. However, drivers for Windows 7 seem to be very elusive.

I can't use Boot Camp to install my Windows 7 because I partitioned with gparted and Boot Camp refuses to recognise the ntfs partition which exists.

I don't have a Snow Leopard DVD anywhere near me (I'm at University several hundred miles from home, where it is) and I've been informed the drivers are on there. Can anyone help me locate them on the web, or otherwise provide them to me?

Doesn't Work At All:
- Trackpad (multitouch and two finger right click don't work)
- Wifi (it's the Broadcom one, STA driver works in Linux but I can't seem to find a Windows one)

Semi-Working:
- Audio Cirrus Logic CS4206A (have found a driver for it but it doesn't work with headphones or microphone)
- Keyboard Layout (I made one with a freeware tool but it's far from perfect, and the media keys don't work)

Working:
- NVIDIA Graphics (NVIDIA driver works fine)

Any help would be much appreciated.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note Merged crossposts. Please do not do this. If you feel you have made a post in the wrong forum, send a request via PM to one of the mods to move it for you.

Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You 'may' be able to find the drivers on the internet. But surely the best solution is to have someone mail you your Snow Leopard disc?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I seriously doubt that you can find the 64X drivers on the net that you need for running Win 7 64X from your MBP. Some drivers are common such as the nVidia GPU but others for the Apple hardware are proprietary.

It's best to do as mrplow has suggested and that is, obtain your Snow Leopard DVD from home. Or, go to the nearest Apple store or Best Buy and purchase a copy for $29.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.