Mixing and matching parts with Wallstreet, lombard and pismo?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
hi guys, im sure as you can see, my yo yo is possibly dead...but then again maybe so is my AC in board. now im looking on ebay, and im seeiing a ton of parts for all 3 models, moreso the pismo/lombard.

now i was seriously thinking upgrading my wallstreet with powerlogix, lotsa ram, big HDD, USB/firewire etc...

but thats gonna cost a ton.

what im curious is, could i just buy like, say a pismo motherboard and CPU, and fit it into my wallstreet case? would it work with the LCD/Keyboard? yes i know id have to dremel a hole for USB

its the PC user in me...hotrod a laptop, save myself a few bucks...is there a site thatll list all interchangable parts?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
MadSkillzMan said:
hi guys, im sure as you can see, my yo yo is possibly dead...but then again maybe so is my AC in board. now im looking on ebay, and im seeiing a ton of parts for all 3 models, moreso the pismo/lombard.

now i was seriously thinking upgrading my wallstreet with powerlogix, lotsa ram, big HDD, USB/firewire etc...

but thats gonna cost a ton.

what im curious is, could i just buy like, say a pismo motherboard and CPU, and fit it into my wallstreet case? would it work with the LCD/Keyboard? yes i know id have to dremel a hole for USB

its the PC user in me...hotrod a laptop, save myself a few bucks...is there a site thatll list all interchangable parts?

Thanks in advance

Most Pismo and Lombard parts are interchangeable, but neither of them would work with a Wallstreet.
The HD and the RAM are about the only parts you could use in all three.

It would be a heckuva lot cheaper to just get a Pismo or an older iBook than to spend the money on a ton of upgrades for an aged Wallstreet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.