Desktop/Screensaver showing pictures I don't have on Desktop

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to the forum, but cant find an answer to this.

I have an iMac 2gh intel core 2 duo, running osx 10.4.11

So my problem is this, when I go to change my desktop background I have three pictures appearing in the 'Desktop' selection, and these pictures are actually not on my desktop.

These pictures are of questionable nature, and I would like to get them off my computer.
I have tried looking in iphoto, not there, I have searched the file name, nothing came up using SPOTLIGHT.

Can you guys help me? please :)

C

chas_m

If they are appearing on the Desktop section, then they are indeed on your desktop, but probably hidden.

What happens if you look in Users/[yourhomefolder]/Desktop?

Reaction score
Still no answer?

Hi,
I'm new to the forum, but cant find an answer to this.

I have an iMac 2gh intel core 2 duo, running osx 10.4.11

So my problem is this, when I go to change my desktop background I have three pictures appearing in the 'Desktop' selection, and these pictures are actually not on my desktop.

These pictures are of questionable nature, and I would like to get them off my computer.
I have tried looking in iphoto, not there, I have searched the file name, nothing came up using SPOTLIGHT.

Can you guys help me? please :)

I have the same Problem as yourself.. these pictures have been there for years and it's really weird that they never show up on my finder or desktop...
ive searched there file name in spotlight and have searched this topic all over the internet to find no answer... Did you ever find a way to delete them

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.